Help Support This Blog

Welcome Readers
As I'm sure most of you know, providing content like this actually takes a lot of time. And although I do it mostly to show that men can paint their nails and there's nothing wrong with it, I also would like to get compensated for my efforts. But I won't ask for any donations, although you can do that if you want, but instead I try to provide some links to relevant information that may be of use to use. Products on Amazon, Ebooks etc.

So if you would take a moment to observe the links you see on my page, and click any that interest you, I would greatly appreciate it, and it will help me to put out more content like this and to reach more people.

Here's a few links that you might find interesting-
12,000 Shed Plans, Fully illustrated with parts list, detailed drawings, etc
Woodworking Plans. There's 16,000 illustrated plans for woodworking projects in this ebook.
Amazon- Honestly, if you click this link, you'll be taken to pedicure items, but if that's not what interests you, know that ANYTHING you buy within 24 hours of clicking this link, will earn us a small commission, so do your shopping by clicking this link, and it won't cost you a dime.
How to Crossdress & Pass
Donate Directly to our paypal act, any amount by clicking this link

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What about Toe Rings or Anklets with mens painted toes?

First off, I want to appologize for the long delay since my last post, but things have been very hectic this summer.  Work picked up and had me scrambling to keep up, (I'm self employed in construction) and then we had to move out of our rental house because the lease was ending and they decided to put it on the market.  But we're slowly getting back to normal again so here's my newest post.

Man with pink painted toes and a toe ring
Pink toes with a subtle toe ring on a man, me of course
OK GUYS, some of you out there are like me, and you like the color on your toes because it's fun, and there's something about looking at your toes and seeing this pretty color on them, am I right?  But for some of us, we also are fascinated by other foot accessories like toe rings, or anklets.  But is this going to far?  Are we pushing the feminine boundary to much?

I guess it depends on your point of view.  If you're trying to maintain a normal male look, without looking to feminine, then wearing all the above at the same time 'might' be pushing it a little.  I think it's not that bad so I sometimes do it myself, but mostly I only do 1-2 of those things like I'll have my painted toes and an anklet, but not toe rings, or painted toes and a toe ring, but no anklet.  Heck I even have some shoes that I bought purposely from the womens dept that I thought were pretty, but not overly feminine so that I could have a pair of shoes I could wear in public without drawing attention to the fact that they are womens. But I would never be comfortable
Man with red painted toes and anklet
One of my anklets, worn with bright red polish
wearing the shoes with all the other items listed as it pushes my comfort level to far. 

But really, it's up to you.  Personally I see nothing wrong with it, but in my experience, the more you decorate your feet, or the louder the polish color, the more likely you'll be noticed.  And the more you decorate your feet and toes, the more feminine it starts looking.  But if you like it, and it doesn't bother you knowing others might be staring, then go for it.  Or you may be in an area that's a little more freethinking and liberal and maybe no one pays any attention.

Bottom line is, do what makes you happy without making you feel uncomfortable.  Often the best way to gauge where that line is for you is to add one thing at a time, go out in public a few times, and see how it goes.  Then keep adding items until you feel you've reached your comfort level for going out in public and don't cross that line, if you don't want to feel that discomfort.  But there is Nothing wrong with guys doing these things, so have fun with it if you like it.

Who else wears toe rings or anklets?  As always, feel free to share your story if you have one related to this post.

22 comments:

  1. Hi--great post.
    Have been out and about with polish (as a 50ish guy) but haven't yet tried a toe ring but I think I have to do it. It ups the ante and pushes the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just south of 50, 6'2" 250#, so I don't think very many people will say anything about my feetin the first place.

    Not too long after I started with the polish I went for toe rings. I got the 'C' style rings, but it took me a heck of an effort to find rings that would fit my size 12's. Mostly they were too thin and flimsy, and 'bit' into my toes. I now wear the ones I settled on 24/7, with shoes & without. I don't even feel them there anymore.

    I do keep 1 finger painted as well, occasionally doing all ten. I have also started stamping to get some visual interest going.

    My wife loves it. Now my wife, as well as some of my cousins & nieces are asking me to do their nails. :)

    Gender identity can be really messed up. What is wrong with a guy wearing something pretty? It wasn't all that long ago that males were looked at sideways for wearing earrings.

    I am what I will call 'middle gendered'. I'm big & male, but I don't get freaked out by something thinking I have a feminine streak. I have a wide one. I wear polish & earrings and anklets. I do it because I like how it looks and how it makes me feel.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MechaMoose, thanks for the comment, and glad to hear you just do what makes you feel good without worrying about the public.

      Delete
  3. i do all 3 all the time! i am a 43 yr old man and i paint my toenails and fingernails. i also wear a toe ring and an anklet on the left side. i love how it looks and yes people look at me funny and say things like sissy or fag! or that i want to be a girl! well yes i do want to be a girl but that cant happen so i just wear womens jeans and things too! i love the looks i get!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well just plain & simple i am a sissy boy who thinks he is a girl & wants everyone to know this so this accessorizing like a woman says it without saying it:)!!!!

      Delete
  4. Guy,
    I would like to register so that I can make replays and post pics but I don't see how. Can you help me out?
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I just retrieved my Google account password and was able to post the reply above. Now how do I post a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I am waiting for your reply I would like to tell you that I really enjoy your blog which I just found. I have a very similar view to what is or is not masculine. I wear toe nail polish, toe rings and anklets. I have a feminine side and I am not afraid to show it. I am 6'2" and 218 lbs. I happen to have "feminine legs and feet" and enjoy showing them off. I have been married for 30+ years. I am very comfortable wearing the polish in public. At first it was scary, but over time it just felt completely natural. I have worn skirts around the house for years. They are more comfortable than shorts and come in more colors. Speaking of color... I like bright colors. I wear those neon running shoes and Nike sleeveless neons Dryfit shirts all summer. I don't see why wearing nail polish or a skirt is that big of a deal. Roman men wore skirts for a thousand years. Why not us? Anyway... My motto is... Dress the way you want and don't be afraid to leave the fashion herd. I appreciate a good looking pair of legs and feet no matter what gender happens to be attached to them. Oh and one tip* If a person is having trouble with nail fungus, try covering it up with a nice looking nail polish while you are waiting to get it cured. Worked for me! Enough of my opinionated rambling. Thanks again for posting your blog. It is kind of nice to know that other men dare to paint their nails!

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guy your posts are awesome as usual, i dont need encouragment to do this lmao im a 36 yo father of three and stepdad to three, an engineer by trade, i paint hands and feet on a bi-weekly basis as i like to be smart ;) i shave my legs because i like it, i also wear an anklet on each ankle because i like it and i can, my family have no issues with this whatsoever which is awesome, i also wear tights/pantyhose on a daily basis because well we can and should, im not bothered what people think, its my style i love it, it feels great and looks great and if somebody doesnt then why should i care?? Guys that have painted nails look awesome. Keep it up people, peace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. was thinking of getting toe rings and anklets both , would wear all or non no mixing and matching for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 58 and married. Been wearing toe rings 2 on each foot for over a year. Yeah I get some looks but I really like them. Just started wearing anklets too. I like wearing them to the store and weekend events.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 58 and married. Started wearing magnetic toe rings and anklets due to gout. Works very well. Smashed my toe nails in a fall. Applied fake nails but painted them a natural color. The fake nails also helped with my pincer nails. Get some looks, but I wear sandals year round.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First, let me just say that I love this blog. Its great to know that there are men out there, that aren't afraid to show their feminine side. I am 44 and paint my toes, wear a toe ring on each foot and an anklet, with charms, on my left ankle. I usually stay with neutral colors on my toes and clear on my fingers, though I really like most all of the colors available. However, during the month of October, I paint my toes bright or neon pink for breast cancer awareness. Unlike some of you, my wife doesn't particularly like for me to paint my nails so I choose my battles wisely, lol. As to the comments on skirts and such, through much research I have found that much of Womens clothing, skirts, heels, tights,etc, was traditionally and historically only worn by men so my question is...what happened? BTW, pants were only created to be worn by roman cavalry to prevent chaffing. In closing I would like to say that it will be a great day for men and women when stereotypes have been put aside and personal choices in clothing, jewelry and other means of feeling good about oneself are not frowned upon. Thanks to all of you for sharing and keep doing what makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Allan, it's always good to hear from another guy who enjoys thinks like nail polish, toe rings, anklets, etc are just decorations, they don't turn us into sissy's or weaken our masculinity when needed. I can guarantee no one would want to mess with my family and my painted toes, etc don't affect my ability to protect them or be masculine when needed. But it doesn't mean we have to walk around dressed all macho or masculine to be a man. We can enjoy pretty colors, fun anklets, shaved legs, skirts, etc. They're all just decorations and things that make us feel good.
      Thanks again

      Delete
  12. Hi Guy, I'm a 40 year old construction worker who wears anklets and polish. I also went twice for a manicure and pedicure. When on vacation I wear white Capri's to highlight my toes and anklet. Around the house I want to wear my women's American Eagle Capri jeans , buy the wife hates them. Baby steps for now! T.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dude!! Been following for awhile!!I wear multiple toe rings!! And anklets!! Even with t strap sandals!! Been doing it for years!! I have many pics!! Even with bright red or hot pink toes!! It's all good!! Women here in Seattle love it!!! Men don't really care. Just do you I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. At 61, recently got my first pedicure. Loved it. I let her pick the color, sparkley red. I have shown numerous friends with nothing but positive comments. I just added toe rings this week, and anklets coming. Why did i wait so long!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a 47 year old man & for over 25 years I have been shaving from the waist down, painting my toes, wearing several toe rings.. I get looks all the time, it doesn't bother me, I love my feet, my wife picks out my colors often. I also am going to be doing some extravagant colors for breast cancer awareness and things like that along with some nail art that I generally don't do but I think I'm going to start doing more of...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I do this i private as I'm a new crossdresser and was hypnotized in to this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this beautiful blog. If you are looking for the Pippa shell Anklet, you've come to the right place. This a unique and fashionable ankle bracelet that is adorned with its Soft and delicate pippa shell design, and this Anklet is perfect for adding a touch of luxury to any outfit. For more info, visit our website.

    Womens Short Batwing Cardigan

    ReplyDelete

Due to constant SPAMMERS, I now require ONLY registered users, sorry. If you blog about fashion, nail polish, etc, feel free to provide a simple link to your related blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments. But links to unrelated blogs will be deleted immediately.

And feel FREE to share my blog page, posts or pics (with credit back to this blog) with others if it helps to promote the cause of Men Wearing Nail Polish freely.

If you find any problems with this page, or with commenting on my posts, please feel free to contact me Thank You!