Sunday, May 6, 2012

What colors of nail polish are acceptable for guys to wear?

I see this question fairly often on mens nail groups and thought I should address this as per my views.  It's funny how programmed we are to colors fitting certain genders or certain colors mean we are gay or whatever, lol.  I'm guilty of it too, to a lesser degree.  I mean we all grow up hearing blue is for boys and pink is for girls right?

A man with pink painted toes
My pink nail polish
But why is that?  Well, I think pink is a softer color so is more closely related to the softer side of women, but does that mean pink is ONLY for girls?  Heck no, it's just a color.  I wish society would quit labeling colors as being masculine or feminine.  Color is just color and if you like it, wear it, whether it's clothes, or nail polish.  We should each choose colors that make us happy, or feel good and quit worrying about what others will think.

man in pink polo shirt
Oh, I know, that's easier said than done sometimes, but I try to follow that philosophy and I have several pink polo shirts which my wife agrees look great on me.  I have a couple pairs of pink socks which I love, pink undies (mens actually, but it's rare you find them) and I sometimes wear pinkish colors on my toes.  If my wife & I saw a pair of pink panties I liked I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I thought they would be comfortable and fit properly, but that's a subject for another time.  But like color, panties are just a label which is why so many women are wearing boxers these days.  But I'll address that issue in another post.

Color is a very definite part of our lives and each of us has favorite colors or tones and no matter what color you choose, someone will think that color is gross, or not their favorite, but does it really matterNo, it really doesn't.  Life is to short to live your life the way others think you should.  It's your life, do what makes you happy.  If you want to paint your nails pink, go for it, if you prefer purple or green, do it.  It just might put a smile on your face and make you feel good inside.  I know that having my toes painted a pretty or cool color does that for me.  Actually, when my toes aren't painted, they look boring and are almost depressing.  And if some narrow minded person on the street scoffs at it, SO WHAT?  It's their loss in my opinion.

So what does everyone else think about this subject?
Until next time, keep painting your nails and living life,
Guy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the best deals on tools, visit the link below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Diet Solution Program, Click Here!