Help Support This Blog

Welcome Readers
As I'm sure most of you know, providing content like this actually takes a lot of time. And although I do it mostly to show that men can paint their nails and there's nothing wrong with it, I also would like to get compensated for my efforts. But I won't ask for any donations, although you can do that if you want, but instead I try to provide some links to relevant information that may be of use to use. Products on Amazon, Ebooks etc.

So if you would take a moment to observe the links you see on my page, and click any that interest you, I would greatly appreciate it, and it will help me to put out more content like this and to reach more people.

Here's a few links that you might find interesting-
12,000 Shed Plans, Fully illustrated with parts list, detailed drawings, etc
Woodworking Plans. There's 16,000 illustrated plans for woodworking projects in this ebook.
Amazon- Honestly, if you click this link, you'll be taken to pedicure items, but if that's not what interests you, know that ANYTHING you buy within 24 hours of clicking this link, will earn us a small commission, so do your shopping by clicking this link, and it won't cost you a dime.
How to Crossdress & Pass
Donate Directly to our paypal act, any amount by clicking this link

Sunday, May 6, 2012

What colors of nail polish are acceptable for guys to wear?

I see this question fairly often on mens nail groups and thought I should address this as per my views.  It's funny how programmed we are to colors fitting certain genders or certain colors mean we are gay or whatever, lol.  I'm guilty of it too, to a lesser degree.  I mean we all grow up hearing blue is for boys and pink is for girls right?

A man with pink painted toes
My pink nail polish
But why is that?  Well, I think pink is a softer color so is more closely related to the softer side of women, but does that mean pink is ONLY for girls?  Heck no, it's just a color.  I wish society would quit labeling colors as being masculine or feminine.  Color is just color and if you like it, wear it, whether it's clothes, or nail polish.  We should each choose colors that make us happy, or feel good and quit worrying about what others will think.

man in pink polo shirt
Oh, I know, that's easier said than done sometimes, but I try to follow that philosophy and I have several pink polo shirts which my wife agrees look great on me.  I have a couple pairs of pink socks which I love, pink undies (mens actually, but it's rare you find them) and I sometimes wear pinkish colors on my toes.  If my wife & I saw a pair of pink panties I liked I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I thought they would be comfortable and fit properly, but that's a subject for another time.  But like color, panties are just a label which is why so many women are wearing boxers these days.  But I'll address that issue in another post.

Color is a very definite part of our lives and each of us has favorite colors or tones and no matter what color you choose, someone will think that color is gross, or not their favorite, but does it really matterNo, it really doesn't.  Life is to short to live your life the way others think you should.  It's your life, do what makes you happy.  If you want to paint your nails pink, go for it, if you prefer purple or green, do it.  It just might put a smile on your face and make you feel good inside.  I know that having my toes painted a pretty or cool color does that for me.  Actually, when my toes aren't painted, they look boring and are almost depressing.  And if some narrow minded person on the street scoffs at it, SO WHAT?  It's their loss in my opinion.

So what does everyone else think about this subject?
Until next time, keep painting your nails and living life,
Guy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the best deals on tools, visit the link below
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Diet Solution Program, Click Here!

20 comments:

  1. As you can guess, I agree with you on all points. I have expanded my color pallet over the past year and find it very pleasing to me. Bright colors on my toes can lift my spirits. I haven't had any negative reactions from people. In fact, at the salon the girl next to me said she wished she could get her boyfriend to come get pedicures with her. She liked the flower with rhinestone design on my big toes so much, she got the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, I think that is awesome that you a woman copied your style and that she was so cool with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color is color is color. For me, color is therapy. I pick what I'm putting on based on what I am in the mood for and what it will make me happy to see when I look down. I believe everyone has the right to make that same choice and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the great comments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guy, you're absolutely right. For myself, I'm a very linear thinker (My favorite toy growing up was Lego.. one brick at a time..), so for me, "removing the gender label from paint" is a separate issue from "removing the gender label from colors". It's really about focus - if someone wants to chat with me about "nail polish is for girls", I find it helpful to not get sidetracked by a second topic "pink is for girls". But that's just me. Excellent post, as always! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like pink it dont matter its only a damn you like or you dont if i ever get the nerve i going pink. or a lime green

    ReplyDelete
  7. i ment a color sorry typeing to fast thks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My son is 10 and his favorite color is pink. My daughter's favorite colors are black and orange. They both boldly wear whatever color they want anytime. Boo has stood up to grown men looking at him like he's joking when he says his favorite color is pink.

    Stereo-typically nail polish is for girls...we wear every color under the sun. Men generally go with darker colors. That's just crazy talk. I say everyone should go with what they like. If a man or woman likes a color and wants it on their nails they should go for it.

    Nail polish is a way to decorate yourself and have fun. Its less permanent than my tattoos, but when it boils down they are the same thing. A way to express who you are.

    Sorry for the novel :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do I post a photo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in mid 50's. My wife and I enjoying going to get a pedicure together. I now have gone a few times by myself. I enjoy going out in public. My family nor friends know. Im afraid they won't accept. When we go away on vacation I go out everywhere in public & show my painted fingers and toes.. Would love to meet other guys in Austin, TX who enjoy the same. It would be fun to go get a pedicure with a guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a 56 yo mwm that likes painting my toe nails pink, red, orang, etc., wares a toe ring and ancle braclet and pierced nipples. When my wife and i go on cruses or vacationsto i usually dont ware a shirt and do all of the above and proud of it. I get a lot of coments fom women " I wish my husband would do that, its sexy" my wife just smiles and holds me closer.

      Delete
  11. Post above from Austin; I meant family and friends don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would find that family and friends would have varied reactions from thinking it's weird but ok, to thinking it's cool that you are brave enough to just be yourself. Once the initial shock wears off, they just accept it as your 'thing' and it seldom ever comes up again. That's my experience and the experience of MANY other guys. So have the confidence to try showing your painted fingers, toes or both to some friends sometime and you'll find out the most that happens is they may rib you for awhile.

      Good luck and live life as if it's your last day!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Guy Purcella!

      I shared with one friend & kids. All were very surprised, only time will tell.

      Thanks again.

      Delete
  12. Historically, even as late as the early 1900's, pink was considered a boys color (and blue for girls) because red/pink was considered a stronger color. Then in WWI, much of the US military was in blue so slowly boys started wearing blue. In the 40's, the fashion industry/media (who have MANY sins to answer for) decided that using pink as a marketing tool they could con women into buying by linking it to femininity (as if you couldn't BE feminine without pink, jerks). My grandfather was a HS principal in a small town in the early '70's and nearly got fired for wearing a dark raspberry dress shirt to work. Obviously he didn't shop in that small town!

    It's really unfair that women can and do wear anything and everything, in any color they choose, but men are not allowed anything but the most narrow of choices. Although why anyone, man woman or beast, that didn't need to would voluntarily wear the torture devices known as bras is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently painted my nails black for the first time and my dad will probaly be mad but like you said Life is to short to live your life the way others think you should. It's your life, do what makes you happy. and it is just color i mean just because a guy may decide to wear girl clothes or paint his nails does not mean he's "gay". and if someone said "thats gay" ill just say well i bet your one of these people that thinks everything they see is "gay" so i really don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I m a 14 yr boy that is straight n I just finish painting my toenails pink right now. I love pink I think that it is the best color ever! I hav not told anyone yet that I paint my toenails but I hope to soon because u r right life is to short so I might as well live how I want to live and not how society want me too.
    Love this blog to it is so cool wat u and other men are doin to get more men to stand their ground.
    And the anonymous person right above me rock on! Paint ur nails because u want to not even if ur dad dislike it. I'm not trying to say disrespect him but be who u are and wag other people want u to be

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tend to stray from stereotypical feminine polish colors because I find it detracts from why I wear nail polish. I've found that people associate wearing nail polish with a desire to be more feminine, but I wear nail polish because I like the way it looks. I know, I'm splitting hairs, but in my mind if someone calls the color I'm wearing "pretty" I'm less inclined to wear it again. I don't have a problem with anyone wanting to be more feminine, but it's not what I'm going for! I enjoy aspects of my personality that are more typically considered masculine, being regarded as feminine feels like a step in the wrong direction for me. Now, I'm sure admitting this will be viewed as a total contradiction to everything I just said, but I also enjoy wearing high heel sandals. The styles I enjoy, however, have strong masculine tones. Black leather straps, spikes, metal, zippers. I'm a complicated guy... but aren't we all? Anyway, to get an idea of what I'm talking about check out my Flickr feed http://www.flickr.com/photos/37346554@N03/

    ReplyDelete
  16. No dude u wrong its not Contradiction. High heels should just be for women they should be for everyone. I so time in secret try on some high heels not because I wanted to be a girl but because I thought it would be enjoyable. I wear pink and red polish on my nails but I would hate to be a girl (no Offense to any girls) but I just wouldn't want to. But I surely want to and enjoy to paint my toenails red with a blue design in the middle and top it all off with some high heels.

    ReplyDelete

Due to constant SPAMMERS, I now require ONLY registered users, sorry. If you blog about fashion, nail polish, etc, feel free to provide a simple link to your related blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments. But links to unrelated blogs will be deleted immediately.

And feel FREE to share my blog page, posts or pics (with credit back to this blog) with others if it helps to promote the cause of Men Wearing Nail Polish freely.

If you find any problems with this page, or with commenting on my posts, please feel free to contact me Thank You!