Help Support This Blog

Welcome Readers
As I'm sure most of you know, providing content like this actually takes a lot of time. And although I do it mostly to show that men can paint their nails and there's nothing wrong with it, I also would like to get compensated for my efforts. But I won't ask for any donations, although you can do that if you want, but instead I try to provide some links to relevant information that may be of use to use. Products on Amazon, Ebooks etc.

So if you would take a moment to observe the links you see on my page, and click any that interest you, I would greatly appreciate it, and it will help me to put out more content like this and to reach more people.

Here's a few links that you might find interesting-
12,000 Shed Plans, Fully illustrated with parts list, detailed drawings, etc
Woodworking Plans. There's 16,000 illustrated plans for woodworking projects in this ebook.
Amazon- Honestly, if you click this link, you'll be taken to pedicure items, but if that's not what interests you, know that ANYTHING you buy within 24 hours of clicking this link, will earn us a small commission, so do your shopping by clicking this link, and it won't cost you a dime.
How to Crossdress & Pass
Donate Directly to our paypal act, any amount by clicking this link

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Another positive comment today

Just thought I'd share this short story about another situation today where I was out and about, working, and wearing sandals with my toes painted a nice blue when a woman noticed them.

My blue toes
It was pretty cool but it went something like this.  I do construction work and am self employed so we run ads on craigslist for all kinds of things including handyman work.  Well we got a call today to repair a broken door knob so I met the lady who is the property manager and proceeded to fix it while she waited in the apartment.  As we were wrapping up she asked me if I got pedicures or if I did my own toes.  I told her my wife & I get pedis when we can afford it but right now we do our own.  She thought it was cool especially since she's also a nail tech at JC Penneys.  I point out this story to show that 99% of the time women think it's very cool that guys wear nail polish and it makes you feel good when someone notices.

And just 2 days ago, a similar story.  I showed up to bid a job but due to a mix up, the male I was supposed to meet wasn't home, but his mother was.  Her little white dog ran out to greet me and she looked down at him and spotted my painted toes and asked where I got the blue from.  She commented that she just had to mention them but thought it was no big deal and thought it was cool.

Guys, I could tell you dozens of stories like this as women often comment on my painted toes, and 99% think it's very cool and often wish their boyfriend or husband would try it.

So if you're still worried about going out in public, just try it.  But there are some pointers in pulling it off successfully.  Mainly, act normal, like you would without painted toes.  Act confident and most will think it's cool, and those that don't probably wont say a thing.  I've never had a really negative comment of any kind in about 3 years now.

Get out there, be yourself and live life the way you want to!  You'll be addicted to it once you do, trust me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FarmTek Monthly Specials 3

18 comments:

  1. Well said!! :D Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too paint my toes, at first my wife was negative, but its growing on her, I go into public, shopping, etc. Act like its no big deal and its really no big deal. Just remember its to please yourself not everyone else! By the way I also paint my wifes toes for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to paint my paint my toes and show them off.
    Did this this for 5 years and then my wife flips out about it when she was ok with it. I would love to start painting them again, any ideas how to talk to her about it. like I said it was ok for 5 yrs then not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is her opinion more valuable than your own...?

      Delete
  4. I have been openly wear my toes polished for over a year. Now I don't even think about. It has never caused a problem. I have also had women say they wish they could get their boyfriend to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me too, most people dont even notice at all. last night my wife and I went out to eat and there were a couple lookers but no negative comments and was in a kinda redneck steak house. my wife is getting better at accepting my wearing it, hell she wears it. when I have had some one comment its always been positive and I love it

    ReplyDelete
  6. What color is that? It's beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Allthingsnails! My wife and I have over 100 colors so I actually am not sure which color that is. I have about 8-10 blue shades and some are very close to each other. Blue is one of my favorites though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guy, I love your blog - really outstanding work! I just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award at http://lacquerman.blogspot.com/2012/05/how-lazy-am-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guy,

    I just stumbled across your blog from a comment you posted on The Nail Network about the latest Kardashian line. Like you, I paint my toenails and have for about a year now. The comments I receive, if any, are very complimentary. They range from, "You wear the color well" or "Good for you being yourself". If I were to guess the color of blue on your toes, if it's an OPI color, it's likely "Dating a Royal". It's a phenomenal color that I'll have my toes painted before the summer ends. Next on my list is probably either "All Kendall-ed Up" or "Kiss Me on My Tulips" which are both pinks. Then I'm going to have them painted "Need Sunglasses" which is a VERY bright yellow, but it looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several blues, so not sure which this on is. We have over 100 colors so it's hard to keep track of. It's fun getting those comments isn't it. Glad to hear you're having fun with it too. And thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  10. Im a straight guy and i love to paint my nails and toenails sometimes i paint them bright red which is my fave colour right now i have my toes matalic green and my fingers red .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blue toenails can you tell me what shade its called and what brand it is plz so i can get some thks . Im going out with my toenails painted and wearing flip flops for the first time tomorrow thanks to all you guys for giving me the confidence to do so .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it 's a awesome to try at lease once

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just painted my toenails gonna put on my flip flops and go shopping

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to try a blue like yours. I really like it.

    I've notice very few guys in Austin,TX showing off their toes, but not too many. Where's everyone one else at?

    I'm in my mid 50's & my wife and have been married for just under 30'years. We both go together to get a pedicure. I've tried many colors, my favorites are red and pink. I sometimes go alone to get a pedicure. I love to show off in public. I also like to paint my finger nails, my wife paints them for me. Would like to meet other married guys that paint their nails in the Austin area.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey I m a 14 yr old boy who is straight. I recently this yr just started to paint my nails. I have been using red nail color most of the time. I wish more people could see your website because its because of people like you that I started to paint my nails. I have only so far painted my toes nails but I hope some day to gain a little more confidence and move to my finger nails. This weekend I am going to buy pink nail polish. I really don't care wat people say about pink being a weird color for men because I really want to try it.
    Anyway thanks and what your doing really does help people to be who they want to be. so I hope you keep on to continue to do this because this got me to start painting my nails

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi guy purcella, I've been painting my toenails since age 4 that started with a babysitter. It took me awhile to get over most of my fears of wearing my nails painted in public. I now also wear my fingernails painted in public. And u r right, many women love it. I've gotten many positive comments from women. And I'm very open with nail colors although I prefer the bright pastels. Guy, I tried lookin for ur email address at the upper right hand corner of blog but have not found it. I would love to email you a few of my photos if u don't mind?...thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Due to constant SPAMMERS, I now require ONLY registered users, sorry. If you blog about fashion, nail polish, etc, feel free to provide a simple link to your related blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments. But links to unrelated blogs will be deleted immediately.

And feel FREE to share my blog page, posts or pics (with credit back to this blog) with others if it helps to promote the cause of Men Wearing Nail Polish freely.

If you find any problems with this page, or with commenting on my posts, please feel free to contact me Thank You!