Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Won't people stare if a man shows his painted toes in public?

One of the most common concerns I see from other guys who paint their toes but are afraid to show them in public goes along the line of 'I'm afraid that everyone will think I'm a nutjob if they see me in public with my toes painted.  Heck, I used to think that for sure.  I just KNEW that everyone would notice and point and stare.  But yet, I truly believed that there was nothing wrong with it, but I didn't think anyone else would feel the same.

my masculine painted toes and birkenstock sandals
It's actually fairly hard to notice my painted toes
And I set myself up for this staring to happen by going out in public looking Very nervous, looking around all the time to see who might be looking, avoiding people in stores, etc.  And yes, some people did seem to notice, but then it hit me that one reason they were looking was because I was ACTING GUILTY!  Think about it, if you see someone in a store looking around nervously and acting odd, you're going to look at them more aren't you in order to figure out what they're up to.  So if you act this way, you'll be noticed and people will automatically assume your guilty of something.

So Act Normal.  Sounds simple right?  Well, it can be a little nerve racking at first, but once you try it a few times you'll realize it works.  If you act confident and act like you're not doing anything wrong, people won't pay any attention to you.  I go out in public all time time in sandals like those on the right, and with my bright blue or red toes showing and since I learned this secret, almost No One notices my toes.  And those that do just do a double take or something and it's no big deal.  I've been doing this in public for years now and have not had one negative experience from it.  Sure, I've had a few minor negatives, but I've had many more positive comments, mostly from women, but they've been great.

For example, here's a story I posted from a couple of years ago-


Just had a fun comment tonight. My GF and I were in the grocery store picking up a few things when I hear a female voice say 'I really like your pedicure'. Well at first I just figured she was commenting on my GF's toes or someone else's. But as I turned she was looking right at my purple painted toes and again commented on how good they looked and that she loved it. I thanked her and we went our separate ways but it was very cool to get such a positive comment from a total stranger like that, in public. Was cool that she walked up and made the comment even though I wasn't even looking at her and hadn't seen her.


Just makes me more confident that a lot of people actually like it and think it's great that I have the confidence to do it.

And I've had many other positive comments like that, as have many other guys out there who paint their toes or fingers and show them in public.  You DON"T have to be a rockstar to pull this off, just be yourself.

Any others want to share their experiences below?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Get A Free Iphone, Xbox, Ps3, Wii, Pc, Laptop, Etc.. Easy!

The Ultimate Disaster Survival Guide