Help Support This Blog

Welcome Readers
As I'm sure most of you know, providing content like this actually takes a lot of time. And although I do it mostly to show that men can paint their nails and there's nothing wrong with it, I also would like to get compensated for my efforts. But I won't ask for any donations, although you can do that if you want, but instead I try to provide some links to relevant information that may be of use to use. Products on Amazon, Ebooks etc.

So if you would take a moment to observe the links you see on my page, and click any that interest you, I would greatly appreciate it, and it will help me to put out more content like this and to reach more people.

Here's a few links that you might find interesting-
12,000 Shed Plans, Fully illustrated with parts list, detailed drawings, etc
Woodworking Plans. There's 16,000 illustrated plans for woodworking projects in this ebook.
Amazon- Honestly, if you click this link, you'll be taken to pedicure items, but if that's not what interests you, know that ANYTHING you buy within 24 hours of clicking this link, will earn us a small commission, so do your shopping by clicking this link, and it won't cost you a dime.
How to Crossdress & Pass
Donate Directly to our paypal act, any amount by clicking this link

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Won't people stare if a man shows his painted toes in public?

One of the most common concerns I see from other guys who paint their toes but are afraid to show them in public goes along the line of 'I'm afraid that everyone will think I'm a nutjob if they see me in public with my toes painted.  Heck, I used to think that for sure.  I just KNEW that everyone would notice and point and stare.  But yet, I truly believed that there was nothing wrong with it, but I didn't think anyone else would feel the same.

my masculine painted toes and birkenstock sandals
It's actually fairly hard to notice my painted toes
And I set myself up for this staring to happen by going out in public looking Very nervous, looking around all the time to see who might be looking, avoiding people in stores, etc.  And yes, some people did seem to notice, but then it hit me that one reason they were looking was because I was ACTING GUILTY!  Think about it, if you see someone in a store looking around nervously and acting odd, you're going to look at them more aren't you in order to figure out what they're up to.  So if you act this way, you'll be noticed and people will automatically assume your guilty of something.

So Act Normal.  Sounds simple right?  Well, it can be a little nerve racking at first, but once you try it a few times you'll realize it works.  If you act confident and act like you're not doing anything wrong, people won't pay any attention to you.  I go out in public all time time in sandals like those on the right, and with my bright blue or red toes showing and since I learned this secret, almost No One notices my toes.  And those that do just do a double take or something and it's no big deal.  I've been doing this in public for years now and have not had one negative experience from it.  Sure, I've had a few minor negatives, but I've had many more positive comments, mostly from women, but they've been great.

For example, here's a story I posted from a couple of years ago-


Just had a fun comment tonight. My GF and I were in the grocery store picking up a few things when I hear a female voice say 'I really like your pedicure'. Well at first I just figured she was commenting on my GF's toes or someone else's. But as I turned she was looking right at my purple painted toes and again commented on how good they looked and that she loved it. I thanked her and we went our separate ways but it was very cool to get such a positive comment from a total stranger like that, in public. Was cool that she walked up and made the comment even though I wasn't even looking at her and hadn't seen her.


Just makes me more confident that a lot of people actually like it and think it's great that I have the confidence to do it.

And I've had many other positive comments like that, as have many other guys out there who paint their toes or fingers and show them in public.  You DON"T have to be a rockstar to pull this off, just be yourself.

Any others want to share their experiences below?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Get A Free Iphone, Xbox, Ps3, Wii, Pc, Laptop, Etc.. Easy!

The Ultimate Disaster Survival Guide

24 comments:

  1. The first couple of times I went out with my toes painted to the store, I must have looked like a shoplifter. My then wife said Stop looking at your feet and act normal. She was right. Since then it has been a non issue. It actually amazes me that people don't stare or even seem to notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, I felt like I probably looked like a shoplifter as well the first time, lol.

      Delete
  2. This premise applies to the gym. I teach group fitness but I am not teeny tiny. I am an average size, healthy fit person. I always felt like people were staring at me and thinking I was heavy. The truth is that most people are concerned with what THEY are doing and don't have time to be worried about others. One day a new member in the class approached me and said, "I can't believe how strong you are". I realized then, I think people admired me for being different from what society expects. I think the genuine/human people will feel the same way about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that a lot of others perception of ourselves is how we see ourselves and how we act. Just acting confident with being cocky makes people see you as confident.

      I've read that some of the big public speakers get butterflies every time they speak, but they ACT like they're not nervous and we perceive them as confident.

      Delete
    2. Oops, typo. I meant Without being cocky.

      Delete
  3. Hi!! Ttally unrelated to your post but I just got a comment from you on one of my posts and I wanted to stop by and tell you that I love what you are doing. I love that guys are becoming more open towards nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cris! Glad you are such a supporter. Hopefully I can get this blog very popular and help to change societies attitude even more, although I think it's mostly the men who feel there's something wrong with it. But society is what I call 'Sheeple' meaning we follow what's most popular as a whole, so I think most of society will eventually find that there's nothing wrong with guys painting their toes.

      Delete
  4. Great post, I really enjoyed it- looking forward to reading more of your blog! And by the way, this reminded me a bit of an awesome post by Scrangie from awhile back: http://www.scrangie.com/2008/11/why-dont-men-wear-nail-polish.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. reading a lot of posts and there are people who condemn men with painted toes, others who embrace them. paint em, paint em,paint em, its only paint, if you dont like the result, remove and try try again, it does get better and you can get professional results at home if you are reluctant to go to a nail salon, If you go you will be forever hooked, the women at the salons are very understanding and proud to do mens toes any color you want with no reservations or ridicule, yes they will complement you on color selection and look forward to see you the next time in. Where Ive gone they call me by name when I come in and are treated very nicely just as they do with all their customers. And the women customers are always positive and enjoy seeing the next color selection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to paint my nails. Don't have the courage to wear it in public. Maybe some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been painting my nails for awhile but not showing then in public. My wife is okay with it though not really happy about it. What I do enjoy without embarrassing my wife its to wear men's leather weaved sandles. A little color will show thru without being out there. I thought some other guys might want to try this to sort of break the ice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wanted to paint mine so bad in public but where i live trust me i would be made fun of and called a fag but my wife is ok with.i dont know why people have to be so cruel.by the way its sort of a fetish as well as a foot and thong type sandal feish as well what im trying to say is i have some sandals that are unisex and are questionable /handmade no body realy gives me a hard time about it a few stare no big deal but the nail polish is different. but yet society is ok for men to ankle braclets and ear rings whats the deal/help me with this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in nyc and I wear a french manicure for the whole week. people would care. some people notice. but didn't really notice much or to busy to notice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a 34 year old man who has been painting my toenails off and on for the last 15 years. Just this week I had the urge to paint them and go out with them showing in public so I painted them with O.P.I. over the taupe, it's kind of a light brown. First I went and got a haircut. It took me a few minutes to get out of my vehicle because I was so nervous, it has been a while. But once I got up the nerve to go in it was so worth itit. I love the feeling of all of the women working there looking at my painted toes. After I got done there I decided I wanted more so I went to a cake shop to get a dessert for my wife. Several women noticed my toes as soon as I walked in, they just kept looking but no one said anything. Its just such an adrenaline rush for me to show my painted toes in public. I don't like showing them places with a lot of men I prefer to have women see them. So any suggestions on good public places to go with mainly women would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to know more men are interrsted in their appearance !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also believe that the majority of people are too narrow minded. I just started going to sslon to have pedicure with polish, and always had great comments by other patrons !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first time I went to salon I was a bit netvous, the second time, brought my own colors, since the salon had a very small selection. I am now a regular there, and I love going about every 2 months. I have received many compliments from other patrons !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am comfortable with going to salon now to get pedi with color & displaying out in public. I have enjoyed doing for approx. 2 years now, and have received many great compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For some reason I like the sheer French essie mademoiselle mainly to even out my nail color and then a gloss topcoat, and I'm always showing in the summer. Only 2 doubletakes in 2 years,. If you look at polished toes, and I do, then on anyone they're not that noticeable except when you're sitting with folks in normal conversation. That will get noticed. Whether they say anything or not is a different issue. In 2 years no one, except my sister in law when she saw my dark red, almost black nails showing. But that was just surprise. After that she sees the gloss polish but says nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been painting my toenails for some time but for the first time I went to a salon today. LA Nails even has a male pedicure on their price list, more than female, but there just the same. I took my own B B color and it was a very natural experience. There is nothing like a spa pedicure on a cold winter day and yes the color looks great. Think I will treat myself once a moth.
    Try it you'll like I!

    ReplyDelete
  17. just happened to stumble across your blog . i do wear polish on my toe nails and im not bothered by others who look and sometimes coment. i was thinking i was the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. just happened to stumble across your blog . i do wear polish on my toe nails and im not bothered by others who look and sometimes coment. i was thinking i was the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice to open up and not be judged.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I put blue polish on my toe nails and makes my nails look a lot better.

    ReplyDelete

Due to constant SPAMMERS, I now require ONLY registered users, sorry. If you blog about fashion, nail polish, etc, feel free to provide a simple link to your related blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments. But links to unrelated blogs will be deleted immediately.

And feel FREE to share my blog page, posts or pics (with credit back to this blog) with others if it helps to promote the cause of Men Wearing Nail Polish freely.

If you find any problems with this page, or with commenting on my posts, please feel free to contact me Thank You!