Sunday, February 17, 2013

My RED Valentines Pedicure. Yes, Men can get Red nail polish on their toes!

I read online posts from a lot of guys who either want to try wearing nail polish, (or nail varnish as they say in some parts of the world), in public, or they are wearing polish on their fingers or toes, but they feel that the color red is to feminine for men, or pushing it to much and they are Sure they will be ridiculed if they wear red.

Well, I'm here to tell you that it's true.... that you Won't be ridiculed anymore than if you wear blue, gray, etc.  And in the 5 or 6 years I've worn polish in public, I've NEVER been ridiculed by anyone, that I could hear anyway.  And even if someone did make fun of me out of earshot, or in private, SO WHAT?  The truth is, red can look great on a man, if you do it right.  And I love red so I felt it was a perfect time to get red on my male toes again for Valentines.

nail polish wheel, it's ok for men to have nail polish in public blogAnd the funny thing is, I picked out a color using our nail polish wheel based solely on what appealed to me.  I just wanted a nice slightly darker shade of red and picked it by number from a nail polish wheel like the one on the right.  And we go by number as shown, but when I grabbed the color, the name was.... Valentines, PERFECT!  So my wife & I went to a new salon we've been wanting to try, and we both got nice pedicures.

This new salon is very large with about 20-30 pedi chairs and a number of manicure stations as well.  They also provided free water or soda, had several big screen tvs going, very nice faux clouds and painting on the walls and ceilings, columns, and even a water feature with fog coming out of it.  All in all, it was very nice.

Here's a picture of the gorgeous Revlon, Valentines red I got, and I must say, it's one of my favorites.

male painted toes in red nail polish
Click to enlarge

I've also been wearing a Kilt lately, with this red, and still don't get any negative comments, although I've only been out to a restaurant and bank so far, although I did wash my truck wearing it.  But I'll save the Kilt story for my next post, so stay tuned, and be sure to subscribe or follow my page using a link on this page, if you haven't already.  In my next post I'll tell you how I scored 2 kilts for under $20.00 with the help of my wife.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Jamaica Hedonism Trips, Click HERE for Fun Group Trip Rates