First off, the shaving arguments. Since I'm one who shaves I'll tell my side, then highlight a few other reasons I've heard about for shaving. I first started shaving my legs and arms many years ago, say around 2000 or before, because I really didn't like the way my legs looked when they were all hairy. For me, body hair is just unattractive anywhere but on our heads. I didn't even like pubic hair on myself or on women, so one day I decided to try trimming my leg and arm hair. I got out a pair of electric hair clippers and put a number 1 guide on it and proceeded to cut my hair down to a very short length. I was to afraid to cut it off completely because I thought others would think I looked to feminine, or I would look like a 'sissy' and I thought leaving a little behind would make it ok. Well I went out among family and friends and no one even mentioned it, which I thought was surprising, but very cool. But I usually let it grow back out and would only trim it now and then. A few times, mostly in the winter, I would shave my legs but often thought they looked 'weird' shaved because they seemed really shiny and I just wasn't used to that look. But eventually I started to love the look of my shaved legs and started shaving them more often.
This went on for several years then I met my current wife, Carla, and things really changed. Turns out, she loved the look of my legs shaved, and she also hated leg and body hair so she encouraged me to shave them regularly, as well as to keep my toes painted all the time and to go out in public with both my shaved legs and painted toes showing. At first it was a little different, but in a short amount of time it seemed more normal to have them shaved, with my painted toes showing, than not. And I now feel that I don't look at all feminine just because I shave my legs and have never had even One single negative or positive comment about my shaving. I was amazed that no one noticed, but no one, not even family noticed. Now people notice my toes, but the comments are 99% positive as I've mentioned before, but I truly think nobody even realizes that I shave my body.
And now, my wife loves shaving them for me. We are lucky to have a large bathtub that we can both fit into and she shaves me from my neck to my toes which is a very sensual experience I might add. It relaxes me so much and I really look forward to the shaving nights, so now I get a double benefit out of having shaved legs.
Now on to some reasons to shave your body. I'm sure there are more than what I'll list here, but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. If you have others, please post them in the comments below.
Reasons To Shave your body-
- It looks better to many of us
- If feels great
- There's no hair to grab, pull, get caught in clothing, etc
- You are far less sweaty in areas where you shave. My underarms need almost no deodorant now for example
- With less sweat lingering around, you have much less odor
- Bike riders and swimmers say there's less resistance & you can go faster, plus less road rash if you do crash
- If you like to wear pantyhose for warmth in the winter, they fit better with shaved legs. (I prefer them over thermals as they are less binding and thinner, but still provide some warmth)
- You don't have to worry about hair being a problem during sex. You know what I mean, so I'll leave it at that, lol.
- Much less hair to clog up your drains
- Painted toes just don't look right with hairy toes, to me anyway. Actually I think hairy toes are very bad looking so I would prefer guys to at least shave their toes if they paint them.
Reasons for NOT shaving might include-
- It's far easier to not shave
- Some guys think they look to feminine with painted toes and shaved legs. I disagree, but to each his own.
- Hmm, that's all I can think of, lol.
Well that's about it for this post. And I appologize for not posting as much lately, but we've been moving into a new house for the last month and I've been working 7 days a week for about 2 months.
Lets hear from others on this subject.
Winter is here, are your tires up to it? TireRack.com has reviews, articles and millions of tires.
FansEdge.com, for the sports enthusiast
BornPretty.com for all your manicure and pedicure needs