Help Support This Blog

Welcome Readers
As I'm sure most of you know, providing content like this actually takes a lot of time. And although I do it mostly to show that men can paint their nails and there's nothing wrong with it, I also would like to get compensated for my efforts. But I won't ask for any donations, although you can do that if you want, but instead I try to provide some links to relevant information that may be of use to use. Products on Amazon, Ebooks etc.

So if you would take a moment to observe the links you see on my page, and click any that interest you, I would greatly appreciate it, and it will help me to put out more content like this and to reach more people.

Here's a few links that you might find interesting-
12,000 Shed Plans, Fully illustrated with parts list, detailed drawings, etc
Woodworking Plans. There's 16,000 illustrated plans for woodworking projects in this ebook.
Amazon- Honestly, if you click this link, you'll be taken to pedicure items, but if that's not what interests you, know that ANYTHING you buy within 24 hours of clicking this link, will earn us a small commission, so do your shopping by clicking this link, and it won't cost you a dime.
How to Crossdress & Pass
Donate Directly to our paypal act, any amount by clicking this link

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Do you keep your toes painted in the winter?

Today is December 7th, 2013 and here in Colorado we have had a foot of snow on the ground for a week or so now.  On top of that we're seeing below zero temps already so it's COLD, and it's actually way below normal for us, and the snow is even a little early.  I'm sure a lot of you are seeing similar conditions with the crazy weather we're having all over the US.

But I decided to go out in the snow barefoot this morning, despite the cold, and it wasn't bad, lol.  I was only out there a few minutes, and I should mention I'm a nearly full time barefooter now, so my feet are tougher than most, although that doesn't do much against cold.  But I also have Peripheral Neuropathy in my feet which is a nerve condition that makes my feet run really hot at times, and they sting and burn, so I actually go walk in the snow on purpose, to cool them off.

And since I was out there, with a new color of polish, I decided to take a picture.  This color is called
guy barefoot in the snow with painted toes
Barefoot in the snow with painted toes
Glossy by Sally Hansen and is a VERY dark metallic red.  But it's really hard to capture the true color, especially with my cell phone so the pic doesn't show it well.  This color is one of those that's so dark it is very difficult to see the color except in the bright sunlight.  So I've decided that it's ok, but not one of my favorites since I like seeing the true color more often.

But on to the title of this post.  If you're a guy who paints his toes and lives in a cold climate like I do, there's often many months each year where you may have to wear shoes, and so you seldom even see the color yourself.  And it's often to cold indoors to go barefoot so maybe you decide to just not paint them.  I imagine a lot of guys go this route, and women too, but me personally, I paint them anyway.  Partly because with my condition I HATE closed toed shoes because they are too warm and my feet burn up in them.  So I wear sandals about 80% of the time in the winter and go barefoot indoors.  Sometimes my feet do get cold indoors, but not real often, and outdoors I really only wear shoes when the snow is too deep to wear sandals.

People look at me strange, but oh well.  I've gotten over caring what the public thinks a long time ago anyway.  But it is nice when I hear a nice compliment, but otherwise I ignore the strange looks, even though I rarely get them.


Speaking of that, I received a very nice compliment from a Man yesterday, something that rarely happens to me.  I do construction and bid a small job for a customer and later sent him an email with the bid amount.  He wrote back to say he decided to go another route, but he thought my toes were 'cute'.  He went on to say he liked them and thought I should keep rocking the fashion.  So there's a lot of guys who like my painted toes too, they are just less inclined to make a comment about them to a stranger because they are so afraid of being seen as gay for doing so.  It's not gay, and I think it's very cool that a guy is confident and open enough to compliment another guys style.  So to that customer, if you read this, thanks for the compliment.  Even as a guy, I appreciate comments like that.


Well, off to shovel some snow.  Take care, and keep warm everyone.

  250x250 Top Dental Plans




4 comments:

  1. Yes, I keep my toes polished year round. Winter weather is just as bad for feet as it is for hands & keeping your nails polished helps protect them from drying out. As for keeping feet warm without hiding your toes, have you heard about Pedi-socks? Basically, they're socks without toes. I've worn mine with flip flops & birkies. You can find them on Amazon. You might also find leg warmers comfortable in winter. As long as you keep your ankles covered, bare feet are no biggie when the temps drop.

    I love that you wear nail polish because you want to & don't live down to other's expectation!

    Come visit me! www.inkywhiskersmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Guy

    love your blog, short story i keep my toes polished all year round, my feet bare as often as i can, so i can enjoy my handiwork.
    i find they feel weird if there is no polish on them, i have so gotten used to it. My wife is not completely thrilled but is tolerant, she wants clear or nudes on my hands and i can do what i like (sorta).

    Keep up the good work!!

    Peace:Robert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see that you are going barefoot, Guy! It can be tough sometimes but it's very rewarding. I've been doing it for the last 2 years now. I paint my nails as well, mostly very sheer pink which is hardly noticeable, but sometimes dark colors.

    I do wear footless pantyhose, leggings, legwarmers out in public but I use digression about where I go. I buy most of this stuff designed for men. I'm very comfortable going barefoot and wearing anklets in public with sheer nails, but not so much with darker toe polish yet.

    My wife is very accepting, but she does sometimes get concerned. As long as I keep her happy, she's very tolerant and she even gave me her leg warmers which I wear out often! I am hoping to soon be comfortable wearing colored polish out. I feel like it's nearly all about how comfortable I am with it and not other people. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! My six year old son loves nail polish and was recently told he can't wear it to school. Woould you mind checking out our facebook group Polish for Patrick?

    ReplyDelete

Due to constant SPAMMERS, I now require ONLY registered users, sorry. If you blog about fashion, nail polish, etc, feel free to provide a simple link to your related blog as I understand the desire to increase your audience. I do read all comments. But links to unrelated blogs will be deleted immediately.

And feel FREE to share my blog page, posts or pics (with credit back to this blog) with others if it helps to promote the cause of Men Wearing Nail Polish freely.

If you find any problems with this page, or with commenting on my posts, please feel free to contact me Thank You!