Why am I posting this? Because I think it's so much healthier than shoes, and won't deform your toes like shoes do. Maybe you already have bent toes and just assume it's the way you were born. But if you look at a babies feet, they are almost always shaped perfectly and stay that way for at least several years. Then we start stuffing our kids feet into shoes that are often not shaped the way our feet are, and to snug side to side. And so eventually it deforms our feet. But, you can stop any further progression and even undo a lot of that. Since I've started going barefoot my feet have gotten a little wider, so it can be undone.
|Shopping in a Napa Auto Parts store barefoot with no hassles|
Some of the benefits of going barefoot are:
- It's healthier. Shoes are an incubator of sorts for nail fungus, athletes foot, etc. They can not grow without a moist and warm environment, which doesn't happen when you're barefoot.
- It feels much better
- It's cooler
- Your feet and toes don't get deformed
- It strengthens your feet and ankles, always good for balance and posture
- It saves on the cost of shoes
- It shows off your nail polish better
- Can eliminate the need for orthotics and such for many people
- Gets rid of your High Heels, if you wear those, which are Very hard on your feet
- You get to feel the earth and all the textures you walk across, which is pretty cool
- It is not against the law to go barefoot into any kind of establishment including restaurants.
It is also not against any health department regulation in any of the US States.
- It is not against the law to drive barefoot.
If you enjoy going barefoot, or to learn more, join the facebook group at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/societyforbarefootliving/. This is a Very active group and only for those who support barefooting in public. So if that's not for you, this won't be a group for you. If you only want to barefoot at home for example, and have no desire to be barefoot in public, then this won't be a group for you. But if you would like to go barefoot in public, then please join them.
Or, visit one of the following webpages for more information: